Thursday, February 28, 2008

Broken Rib Tank

After a few evenings of swatching yarns from my stash, I finally settled on this project. I am using Berroco Linor's yarn, a mixture of cotton, linen and rayon in an oatmeal color and the Broken Rib Tank pattern designed by Kristen TenDyke which I found on Raverly. I originally intended to use yarn for the Knitter's Tank. But the fabric is just too heavy using size 4 or 5 US needle pattern called for. However, this pattern is set for a size 6 US needle and the swatch came out just right for a nice and light top. The yarn has slubs here and there so the fabric will have a little more texture than the plan cotton the pattern called for. I am not sure this yarn it is made anymore. It was among many of my thrift store finds and the nine skeins (900 yards) provides enough yarn to make this top. It will look good with my pair of black crop pants. I have converted the pattern to knitting in the round and am enjoying the easy stockinette knitting while watching TV. I was on the phone with my sister, Walene, and was able to knit 1 1/2 inch. Can you say multitasking? We go for a time and then need to catch up with each other, so we may be on the phone for a while. We really enjoy our conversations.

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a cute top! (must add to my list)...

Found you through the Knitting Blogs webring. Welcome!