Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Camera




I bought myself a new camera, a Nikon D80 Digital SLR with two interchangeable lenses (one telephoto). When I first opened the package, I was a little dismayed with the size of the camera. It seemed too big and awkward. My previous cameras had been a lot smaller and lighter. However, I had researched and drooled over the Nikon for quite some time. I owed it to myself to read the manual and to take some pictures. The manual is set up in a tutorial format with each function described on one or two pages. Camera in hand I began to snap pictures. I took dozens of pictures of living room items as I sat my recliner. One good thing with a digital camera is you can easily delete the crummy practice photos. A few days later and after some more reading, I walked around my yard and took pictures of plants in the garden. The camera's weight and size now feels comfortable in my hands and I am pleased with the results. It is a keeper. Spring is on it's way.

1 comment: