Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tank And Camisole Plans


I have found two patterns for summer tops. The first is an uniquely constructed tank top in the Knitter's Magazine, K71, Summer 2003. I thought about using a dk weight silk yarn in a bluish teal I recently purchased (shown in picture). The pattern calls for a size 4 US (3.5 mm) needle with 5 stitches and 6.5 rows per inch. I needed to go up one size of needle to obtain gauge. However, the resulting fabric is too flimsy. I will sample some cotton-linen yarn that I have in my stash. It has more body to it. More swatching ahead.


The silk may be a better match for the camisole that I found through Ravelry. The actual pattern can be found at Black Dog Designs blog. I plan to make it with wider straps.

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a cute top! I think it will be very pretty in that yarn.