Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Yarns





Here is another batch of yarn. The first on the left is a cashmere/silk blend and is very soft. I bought the natural color with the intension to dye it to suit each project. It is a dk weight and I bought 6 cones equaling 3000 yds. It is so s soft. The next cone is Super Fine Merino DK called Lily, a cream color, that I will also dye per project. The price was way too good to pass up and I bought 3 cones for a total amount of 2850 yds. Again, this is another incredibly soft yarn. The cashmere and merino are from one of my favorite places for luxary yarns, Colourmart. Both are also DK weight. Now on to the Knit pick yarns. The Shine Sport is a blend of cotton and model, is a blue violet color and will make a nice summer top. I also picked up six skeins of machine washable wool/nylon blend in Bare, a fingering weight perfect for socks, shawls or whatever I can dream up. Again I will dye this yarn for each project. So what fiber have you acquired lately?

No comments: