Monday, April 7, 2008

Mckenzie Purse Handle

I had decided that I would like black leather handles for this purse. I measured and determined that 18" would be the perfect length. I shopped around on line and could only find 13" and 25" lengths. I thought about creating felted handles but was not too crazy about them being soft and floppy. So this purse has been stewing on the back burner for a while. I was looking though my new book "Knitting Never Felt Better" and came across an excellent idea of inserting plastic tubing in knitted i-cord before it is felted. A hole is punched in the tubing on each end and the knitted handle is tacked to each end. After felting and the handles are dry, they can be sewn to the purse utilizing the punched holes. I have ordered some black Cascade 220 yarn from my local knitting shop, Lambs Ear Yarn in Tacoma. I already have some tubing on hand. I am excited to finish this.

1 comment:

LisaDP said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project for this.