Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sari Silk Yarn

Look what came in the mail today. Yeah! Sari Silk yarn from Darn Good Yarns on the internet. For $37.00 you get 5 skeins, 500gms total, 400-450 yards of gorgeous yarn. The price includes shipping. What a sweet deal. The spinning on these skeins are nice an even it is comparable to worsted weight. Now what should I knit? A shawl or maybe a stole. I can see some swatching will be done tonight.

What have you made with this type of yarn. Please share your experience. I would loved to see what you have made.

Note: This picture does not reflect the true deep jewel tones of this beautiful yarn.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I picked some of this up recently myself. I haven't decided what to make yet, but a bag might be in order.

Anonymous said...

what did you end up making with this yarn? do you think it would felt?

Anonymous said...

I used this yarn for a felted purse with Galway Chunky. It was just a simple square pattern but it felted great together.