Friday, May 9, 2008

Mckenzie Purse Handle

I have finally cast on for the handles of this purse. However, I am not sure I like the i-cord knitted on size 11 US needles. I think I may rip it out and knit in the round instead. I plan to insert and secure 1/8 inch plastic tubing (from hardware store) in the handle. Now, how shall I connect the handles to the purse? I have thought about making a flange at each end of the handle by knitting the yarn flat for about four or five inches on each end. When it is felted it should be about half of it's original size and all I need to do is to tack the flange to the purse. Another thought would be to secure the flanges to purse metal rings and sew the rings to the purse. If I choose to do that I will need to place an order for the rings. Hmm.... Decisions.

On another note, I bought a Ashland Sky Needle Knit Sack from Elann to store my circular needles. The problem I am facing is that I have way more needles that can fit in the holders. I guess this is a good time to pare down.

Upate: See updates to this purse here.

No comments: