Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl and Lilacs


I am currently knitting the pattern Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. I choose to use a fingering weight yarn instead of lace weight and size and bumped up the needle size for US 4 to 6. The yarn is Lanas Puras Melosa a very soft merino in a semi-solid eggplant. On the way out to the mail box today I picked a few lilac stocks and decided to use them in this picture with the start of the shawl. The shawl is on circular needles and in this picture looks like a flower basket. The lilacs smell so nice. After taking the picture and removing the Lilacs and knitting from the sheet I use as a photo backdrop, I noticed lots of teeny tiny bugs crawling around on it. Ugh! Everything received a good shaking outside. The sheet in now in the washer, the Lilacs are back outside on the patio table and I am still suspicious of my knitting. So much for trying to bring spring indoors.

No comments: