Sunday, June 22, 2008

Action Games

School is out and my grandson, Hunter, is spending two weeks with us. I have been playing a new (to me) Xbox 360 game called KUF Circle of Doom. Hunter and I have been trading off playing this game. During his turn, I have been knitting and talking with him. Out of the blue, Hunter asked me how old I am and I told him. He pauses for a few seconds and then replies, "It's weird that a 55 year old grandmother likes action games." I chuckled, "Does that make me cool?" "Yeah", he smiles. Needless to say, I went online and ordered two more of the same game (used copies) so I can play live (online) with both of my grandsons and maintain my "cool" status.

The gaming market is flooded with mind numbing shooters and action games. I do own and play Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4 and Vegas 6. But my favorites are role playing games (RPG) which give my brain something to gnaw on. Games like Oblivion and it's predecessor The Elders Scrolls: Morrowwind, Mass Effect and now KUF Circle Under Fire. There are more RGP's on my game rental list. Maybe a few of them will be added to my library.

Are you a gamer too? What are your favorites.

1 comment:

yarnprincess said...

I love that you are playing video games with your grandchildren. My grandparents were always so great at being "cool" grandparents with both my brother and me, and I have such wonderful memories of all of them.

Happy gaming!