Thursday, June 12, 2008

Knitting Organization - Knitting Bag




I have had this "knitting bag" for about 12 years. I discovered it in the tool/hardware section of a local department store. I bought it for its organizational feature of interior and exterior pockets surrounding the perimeter. The color of the bag does not do much for me, but at the time there was only one choice in the size I preferred and the price was right. I can stuff a plethora of must have tools, gadgets and what not along with a couple of small or a medium sized project in it. I keep a small light which plugs into a car's lighter for night time knitting on the road. While at home the bag usually rest on the floor next to my chair. Near the beginning of this year I purchased a set of Knit Picks Harmony Wood interchangeable needles. This set has displaced all of my bamboo and wood needles. For ease of selection, I used my labeler to indicate the US and millimeter size of each set of needles and stuck them to the outside of the needles storage pockets of the clear storage pouch. I also picked up 2 sets of the Harmony Sock DPs which come with their own storage packs.

I must confess, I did clean out all of the stray strands and left over tads of yarn, scrunched up notes and dust bunnies before I took these pictures. What have you commandeered to use as your knitting bag or did you indulge yourself and buy one of those designer knit bags?

3 comments:

dogyarnfun said...

What a great knitting bag. I've never thought to use those bags for something other than tools, and they are so inexpensive compared to the Namaste bags I have. Hmm, I might be headed to Home Depot soon.

Brenda Miller said...

That is a FANTASTIC idea!! I'm totally going to look for one now too! That would really hold everything and prevent me from buying more random organizers that just don't work...
Thanks for posting this!

Joanne said...

Thanks for comment Brenda. I keep looking at the new knitting bags on the market. But so far I have not found anything that comes with the features that this one has.