Friday, September 26, 2008

Hurricane Girl - Ike


We are in Houston, TX to do catastrophe adjusting for hurricane Ike damage. We left Washington state on Sunday the 21st and drove through Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and finely into Texas on the 25th. We would have been there a day sooner but our 12 year old pickup's clutch went out while at a mini-mart in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Within the hour we were being towed to the repair shop and were on the road again by 1:30 pm the next day. We just came back from a software training session. Our assignment is the gulf coast town of Beaumont and Bay Town, TX, east and southeast of Houston. We are staying at a hotel but will soon move into a townhouse (condo) in Bay Town in the next few days.

I did manage to knit some while not navigating or driving. My new project is the Boing scarf from Knitspot.com. You can also see it at Ravelry. I am using Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome yarn in the Northern Lights colorway. I wanted a narrower scarf, so I cast on 34 st instead of the 58 as instructed in the pattern. The was a quick picture taken on the balcony of the hotel and it certainly does not show the beautiful colors of this SuperSock yarn. Once I am settled in to our new place I will update the picture. Right now a nap sounds good.

3 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Your Boing looks very nice in those colours. I might have to try that one.

Life's a Stitch said...

Some Boing questions - is it pattern knitting on every row or are there some plain purling back rows? Does it lie flat or does it look like it's gong to need mega blocking? I'm thinking of taking this on vacation, but need a pattern that goes well with conversation ;-)

Artisttia said...

I don't know. I think the the scarf look very pretty in the the Northern Lights colorway in the photo y0u have. By the way I'm Suzy, aka Artisttia, stop by my website and let me know what you think my doing's.
It is www.artfulabilities.blogspot.com