Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boing Scarf - Finished



Fresh off the blocking wires. The scarf is light, airy and beautiful. I blocked the scarf at 7" wide, but did not stretch it lengthwise too much other than to assure the side peaks were even. It measures 6" x 62".

I used Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock Merino yarn in the Northern Lights colorway and may buy this color again for another future project. This sock yarn holds detail well. I enjoyed knitting this pattern designed by Anne Hanson and may knit it again. I did modify it to make the scarf narrower by casting on only 34 of the 54 stitches. The pattern consists of a 12 row repeat and is easy to follow as long as you pay attention and count your stitches to correctly. You can see this pattern at Anne's site and here in Raverly.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

Oh good, I have some of that yarn in my stash. I was wondering about using it for lace. Looks great.