Friday, January 23, 2009

Turkish Cast On

I came across the new to me Turkish cast on technique, with pictures, on the FluffyKnitterDeb blog. It is an invisible cast on and will work perfect for the felted laptop cozy I am planning to knit. Thanks Debi.

Normaly I would use a longtail cast on for the total amount of stitches needed and then remove the needle. The stitches will naturaly part to either side. I then use a circular needle to pick up the stitches on one side and then along the other and begin to knit in the round.

On another note, I updated My Project widget which now shows the yarn used and tweaked the appearance so it is more pleasing. It took about four hours of trial and error. I would like the designer of the pattern to appear. But I will save that for another day and a fresh dose of patience.

No comments: