Saturday, February 14, 2009

Swirl Shawl

I have been working on the Swirl Shawl. I realized that I have a love hate relationship with this project. At first I was not sure that I cared for the color of this yarn. This Melody (fingering, super wash merino) has a very long and slow color repeat. Although I like purples, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th (counting from the left) medallions color were a little too bright and not a color I would have chosen on its own. However, as I moved into the periwinkle tones, I began to see how they compliment each other. The colors depicted in this picture are not true to actual color of the yarn.

The pattern requires my full attention while knitting, which does not go well with watching TV. For me a very relaxing thing to do. It may take me longer than I had planned to make this and I am yearning to knit a less I have had to rip out and start re knit a few of the medallions. I can see this pattern going into hibernation a few times before it is finished.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

If that may help you I think that the colors, as shown on the pic, are truly beautiful and I really love the pattern! Don't give up! :)