Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Weird Sort Of Thank You.

Last evening I was knitting on the Swirl Shaw and watching TV. My husband was walking by but stopped and looked into the living room. He glanced at what I was knitting and then at the computer sleeve drying on the living room floor.

"Are you knitting something else for me?” He said.

“No, why?” I said as I looked up at him and noticed that he was still wearing his scarf.

“I did not know that you were making this for me.” he says. His hand reaches up and his fingers fondle his scarf. “It is so warm.”

“Uhm, is that your way of thanking me for the scarf?”

“Yes.” He said.

“No, I’m not knitting anything for you.”

He walks on; I go back to knitting and watching TV.

Hmm.. Maybe he would like a pair of fingerless mitts.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think that's really sweet. Definately need to make him the fingerless mittens

Joanne said...

Thanks Jen for your kind comment. Those mittens are on my "to do" list. I have the perfect yarn in my stash and now I am looking for the right pattern.