Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Busy Day

I had a doctor appointment in Seattle today. While out I also ran some errands. One was having my my hair cut which made me feel like a new lady. I stopped at Borders bookstore to look for a book on permaculture in the garden section. However, none were to be found on the store's bookshelves. I wanted to peruse the subject before buying. Looks like I will just have to buy a book online instead. I did come away with a photography magazine which has a few articles that peaked my interest.

Next, I was off to the garden center to pick up some potting soil for the new house plant I bought last week. Actually I bought two houseplants, but only one needed to be planted in a new pot. That I accomplished not long after I came home.

I also trekked into Bed Bath and Beyond looking for new drapes or valances. I had bought a new sofa and two matching chairs for the living room. Their arrival kicked off the desire to redecorate the rest of the room. Well maybe more than one room. But let's not get ahead of myself. Anyway, I have decided that dark cranberry will be the accent color and now have new accent pillows and candles in that color. I did find some valances in a couple of colorways that would look nice. New rods will also be needed. Oh, and there was this lovely area rug. I need to measure up the windows and the floor area and do the obligatory mulling over of the expenses before I make my selections.

Needless to say it was a long day and I am aching (fibromyalgia). Mike cleaned up the kitchen and ran the dishwasher. Thanks, dear you did a great job and it took a load off of my mind. I want to find something new to knit. But am too tired to look through my yarns and patterns. I will just plug away on the Swirl Shawl tonight. Oh by the way, I am about half through the fourth row of medallions.

No comments: