Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It Has Been A While

Hm..., no postings going on here. What have I been up to? Not knitting. Would you believe it, I just need to knit one more medallion and the Swirl Shawl will be complete. I put down my needles in June when I had a Fibromyalgia flare. That blasted thing lasted well over a month. That was the bad news. The good news is we flew off to the Denver, CO area for a week long vacation this month. We took our grandson, Chase, and met up with our son, Michael, and our other grandson, Hunter. We flew out on a Wednesday and returned home a week later on Thursday.

Michael is what I will call a "storm chaser". He works for a company that specializes in replacing domestic and commercial roofs after after a storm (hail, tornado, hurricane, etc.) has rampaged. He sets up new offices and manages the production until it can be handed over to a manager and then moves onto the next area. Right now he is in the Denver area where they have had some wicked hail storms.

My husband had lived for several years in the small town of Bailey, which is about a hours drive west of Denver and on the way to Breckenridge, the sky resort. His family left the area when he was sixteen and has wanted to travel back to see the area again. He said that the town had not changed that much in forty plus years.

Some of the tourist sites we visited included Royal Gorge, Cripple Creek, Pikes Peak, Red Rocks, Manitou Springs Cliff Dwellings, Garden of the Gods and Breckenridge. To keep the grandsons entertained there was the Denver Museum, an indoor trampoline center, an amusement center (games), Elitch Gardens (rides), a ghost town and of course the hotel's swimming pool. I have finally have all the pictures uploaded on my computer and now I just need to label them. Good thing I brought the brochures home to help remind me to where we were.

Since we came back, I have been playing catch up in the garden. Most of the flower beds are looking pretty good. I am a little low on energy now, but will have another go at the remainder when I am rested. Thankfully, the weather has cooled down to the normal 70's. The 90 plus degrees has been wicked.

No comments: