Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Swirl Shawl - Before Blocking
I finally was able to get back to this shawl on Sunday evening. I discovered that there were two and a half medallions left to complete. In a previous post, I wistfully thought there was only one left. A movie and a few episodes of Dexter later, thery were knit and the last row worth of loose ends were woven in.
I had bought the pattern and eight balls of yarn online. I did not realize at the time that this pattern required one ball per row and to keep it symmetrical, additions of two additional rows would be needed to keep the patten even. The pattern calls for five rows to make the shawl. I now have a total of seven rows and one ball left. I could order another ball, but I am at the point where I no longer want to knit on this project and prefer to move onto something new.
After reading some knitters notes on Raverly about this pattern, I discovered that some would have additional rows to make this a more desirable size. So maybe I now have the "perfect" shawl.
Update: The shawl has been hand washed and with a countless number of pins has been blocked out to measure 24" x 96". It is a warm day and it already seems to be dry. But just in case, I will let it sit overnight before unpinning.