Saturday, August 22, 2009

What I Did On my Summer Vacation...


A few pictures form our Colorado Vacation. The first three are of our visit to the Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings near Colorado Springs. The temperature was around 95 degrees. However, it was much cooler inside the dwellings. I found it fascinating to walk through each room and imagine what life was like for the people who lived here.

The last picture on the right is taken at the Garden of the Gods, just a few miles for the cave dwellings. We were too zapped by the heat to walk through them. So we just drove the loop and stopped periodically so I could take pictures.

Being from a mostly green colored state, I found the red rocks strikingly beautiful.

3 comments:

Flights to USA said...

Thanks for sharing beautiful and rare images captured during the visit.
Really these are very cool and liked it.
Best of luck.
I am looking forward to seeing more ....

Marion said...

Joanne, these are great photos! I am familiar with this site from books but it is interesting to see it from your perspective. You have really captured the heat of the day...

http://aussieknittingthreads.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I like your blog very much! I love the post. Very beautiful. Feel free to check out my blog too!